Men’s fashion has become more and more popular in recent years. Men are more conscious of their style and there is a dramatic upturn in the number of men referring to themselves as ‘metrosexual’. Now is your time to get involved and start sloughing off the socks and sandals look and go for the more tailored and slim-line look instead. Either way, choosing to improve the way you dress is a good start and something you should do for yourself. There is a dramatic increase in fashion magazines aimed at men and more of a call for catwalk and catalogue male models.
Unfortunately, it can be quite a minefield when it comes to getting started with your new look and the last thing you want is to be too overwhelmed by brand names of clothes out there and coming across Olymp shirts online and Wrangler Texas pair of jeans online can be overwhelming. For someone who hasn’t a clue about fashion, it can make them want to curl up into Primark’s finest tracksuit and stay safe. To that end, there are some tips out there for those who want to shop for men’s clothes and have no idea where to start.
- Always get your sizing right. Try on different styles of suits, trousers, jeans and tops; if it’s too big, send it to charity shops. Clothes that are a size or two too big for you should not have a place in your wardrobe. When you buy from brands and want to purchase a brook taverner suit online, you want it to fit you and fit you well. Larger clothing doesn’t actually make you look bigger and better. Ill-fitting tops that hang off the shoulder showing the seams halfway down the upper arms actually make you look small and sloppy.
- Trousers you buy should never pool round the ankles as if you’re trying to mimic Coolio in the music video for Gangsters Paradise. Get yourself to a tailor, or even your gran if she’s good with a needle and deft with hemming, and get those trousers broken properly. They should sit halfway down the back of the shoe heel and no lower.
- No to square toes. Round toes are your friend! You were not born with boxy feet and square toes so the rounded shoes are your way to go.
- Tuck in! The absolute definition of a ‘lad’ look is to go out in smart jeans and an untucked shirt and sometimes this bleeds into the office look. Untucked office shirts are not smart nor are they nice to look at. It shows as if you don’t know how to dress yourself and let’s face it, you DO. Show off and tuck that shirt in!
- Now you’ve sorted out your wardrobe where are you going to keep all your cards and cash? Hopefully not the same battered non-leather wallet you’ve used all this time? An awful wallet can kill your outfit so get yourself a new slimline card holder for those notes, cards and ID.